CHEMO #3 DAY BY DAY - 3

Saturday --  Day 3


12:00pm
I slept until noon today but felt pretty good when I awoke.  Good enough to go out to Moe's for lunch with the family.  While we were there I saw an old friend from church but only waved.  I didn't have the energy to talk.  I hope he wasn't offended. It was taking everything out of me to just be out of bed.  I don't want to look like a sick cancer patient and I'm afraid that is what happens when I leave the house on chemo weekends.
As soon as I got home I put my PJs back on and headed for bed.  Jeff gave me my Neulasta shot and my computer so I could update my blog.  It's almost 3:00 now and I'm ready to sleep again.  It's so pretty outside. I hate this.


6:00pm
Our good friends, AmyLu and Richard Riley brought us dinner.  Based on the amount of food they brought, I'm pretty sure they think we have an extra family or two hiding somewhere in this house! LOL
I was still feeling pretty bad and didn't make it out of bed to thank them.  We're so blessed to have so many good friends.
After the Riley's came I insisted Jeff go out and spend some time with his friends.  Once a month they get together to play pool and Saturday was the night.  I know from Jeff's past medical issues that you don't have to be the ill one in the family for it to take it's toll on you. He needs some time away and if all I'm going to do is sleep, there's no reason for him to stay home and watch me.


10:00pm
I headed to bed and Grace's snuggled in next to me.  I wonder how old before they don't want to do that anymore.  I'll take it as long as they are willing.
My stomach wasn't feeling so good, so like a dummy I settled on falling asleep to the food channel...  WHAT?!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog