ONE YEAR TO BE BACK TO MYSELF?

One year ago this past week I finished my cancer treatments.  They told me to give myself a year to feel like myself again.  What is "myself"?  If they are talking about having the energy to be as active as I want to be, I've been there a while, but the former "myself" will never be back.  Cancer doesn't impact my physical self anymore, but my mind still aches from it.  I want to forget so it doesn't hurt anymore, but I want to remember so I keep my priorities straight.

Anniversaries will likely always be a time to reflect.  My diagnosis anniversary is in early December.  This particular anniversary doesn't seem like one that I would hold on to, except that it comes at a time of year when there are a lot of breast cancer walks and rides.  Last year I spent this time celebrating.  This year I spend it reflecting and praying for those who are still in the fight.

Pictures from last year's celebration....


Party at work:



Evansville Race for the Cure:

Cinci Race for the Cure:

Comments

  1. Hi there Amy! I was just reading up on your journey and had a quick question about your blog. I was hoping you could email me when you get the chance, thanks!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog