GREAT WEEKEND - GREAT FRIENDS - GREAT FOOD

This past three day weekend I was 100% Amy again and all go-go-go.  It felt great reconnecting with friends and enjoying myself.

On Saturday afternoon Jeff and I headed to Ann's Wig Shop and bought the one Nikki and I picked out a few weeks ago (see option three under "Wig Shopping" on the left).  We had a little scare when she couldn't remember which one it was.  I tried on a few before she went to the back room and found it.  Whew!  It was hard for her because we were looking for the wig that looked like "Amy" and with all the crazy things I've been doing lately to my hair, I don't look much like "Amy" anymore.  LOL  We bought the wig and a cute knit hat.  I really hope I'm more comfortable in hats and scarves than the wig.  We'll see.

         BEFORE                                           NOW                                           THE WIG



While we were there Jeff reminded me that this summer I will need a scarf to wear under my motorcycle helmet.  He's already picked out just the right one at Bud's.  Oh boy.

Saturday evening I went to dinner with my BFF Laura little sister Nikki.  We celebrated Nikki's birthday and then went earring shopping.  I needed some *bling*bling* to go with my bald head!  Hey, any excuse is a good excuse for new jewelry.  Oh yeah, and I got another cute hat.
 
Sunday after church Ashley (another BFF of course!) took me shopping for home decor.  She had asked me last week while I was recovering from Chemo what she could do for me.  At the time I was laying on the couch  upset with myself for living here three years and still not decorating.  I asked her to design on my dime and she delivered!  Good thing the weekend ended before I spent any more money!  I will smile and think of Ashley as I'm planted on couch this coming weekend when I go through it again.

Monday my BFFs first included Grace, Abby, and their BFF Chaney.  We stuffed ourselves at McDonalds, loaded up withe candy at MotoMart, and then took in a movie.  Then, in the evening I had a nice relaxing adult meal with some yummy seafood pasta, wine, and two lovely ladies, Cathy and Debbie.

Boy, there is no blaming Chemo for any weight gain this weekend!  I had a great time and really needed that.  Thanks everyone.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog