ON VALENTINE DAY

To those who have been there for me these past few months, your love and support has meant more to me than you know.  On this Valentine Day I want to say thank you.

To my coworkers...
You never made me feel strange for openly discussing my situation right off the bat and you never hesitated to swoop in and cover for me even though your plates were overflowing.    Even when there is business to discuss, you ask how I'm feeling first.  You didn't make it awkward when I visited Cincinnati the first time after diagnosis and surgery, instead you smiled, gave me hugs, and told me how great I looked.  You've made me feel valued.

To my friends...
You have given me a boost of encouragement daily through every kind of media possible.  You've shared with me your experiences and offered advice.  You remember all the important dates.  You brought me food, gave my kids a hug, and never questioned my choices.  You traveled hundreds of miles just to sit on my couch and watch me sleep.  You have prayed with me and for me and I have felt it.  I didn't know I has so many of you!

To my family...
You cry with me but not for me.  You help me laugh and play along as I try to control things I really have no control over.  You brought me gourmet cup cakes and went wig shopping with me.  You took off work to sit in a hospital waiting room or next to me on my first chemo treatment.  You rattled some chains when you didn't think I was treated right.  I just think about what I need and you know.


Thank You.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog