FIRST CHEMO TREATMENT

February 10, 2012

I'm finally caught up on my blog.  This time I am writing about how I'm feeling today.

Its been one day since my first chemo treatment.  I woke up feeling very tired and decided to stay in bed a while before getting to work. I had planned to work today.  When I woke up again I was not as tired but mentally drained so I decided to spend time alone, reflecting, and in prayer.  I'll just take a vacation day.

My mom, mother-in-law, and aunt came by to see me.  By the time they left the nausea set in.  It isn't overwhelming, but it's there.

Today when Jeff gets home from work he will give me a shot.  The shot will provoke my body into producing more white blood cells.  Chemo drugs attack the whole body, they don't know the difference between cancer and non cancer.  White blood cells build me back up.  Unfortunately there is a lot of pain involved in making your body work harder to produce these blood cells.  I'm nervous about what it will be like this weekend and I hope it doesn't kick in too fast.  Grace has a basketball game tonight and I want to go.

February 12, 2012

It's Sunday night and the fog is starting clear.  My first chemo weekend was harder than I thought it would be, even though I slept through most of it.  On Friday I was tired and mentally drained. Then on Saturday dizziness and nausea was added to the party.  Wow, the dizziness.  Jackie and Kelly hung out with me even while I slept.  What true friends.  Thankfully I was able to pull myself out of bed today at around 4pm.

During the peak of everything I had a few hard hits from reality.  In my foggy daze my mind would wonder and I would start to realize what was happening.  Until now it was all talk and even through Thursday when the IV started to drip it didn't really hit me.  Why wasn't it a bigger deal when she hooked up that red liquid?  There is no turning back now, not that I want to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog