THE WEEK AFTER MY FIRST CHEMO TREATMENT

I'm past the first week and it was an interesting one.  When I wrote about it last it was on Sunday night (3 days later) and I was coming out of the fog.  I woke up on Monday and planned to work from home.  It was hard and I couldn't focus.  I was dizzy and my mind was still pretty fuzzy.  After a couple hours I decided to take a nap and try to shake it off and it was the right think to do because it really helped.

On Tuesday morning I felt great and had a full productive day at the office.  Wednesday was the same.  Thursday I started to slide back a little and had to come home early.  I was having a lot of joint pain and I needed some stronger pain meds.

All in all I had a crazy list of side effects:  fatigue, aches, dizziness, dry mouth, mouth sores, bad taste, cravings for pickles and onions, joint pain, red hot skin (line a sun burn), trouble focusing, and my very first hot flash.  WHEW!

Life goes on though.  For me, chemo doesn't mean I have to quit working, lock myself in the house and not have any fun for six months. On the contrary, I am more alive now than before.  I've learned to stop and enjoy what is important and I'm finding that there were a lot of important things around me I was ignoring.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog