TIME FOR ROUND TWO

Chemo vacation is over and I'm reflecting during my quiet hour after Jeff is off to work, the kids are off to school, and Nikki hasn't yet arrived to drive me to that dreaded place.  It really is a lovely building and the people are equally as lovely.  But no amount of hospitality and warm decor can overcome the burning and sour feeling in my belly when I think about the chemo room.

This break has reminded me what life outside of chemo feels like.  On my two week regimen  I had four days of feeling terrible, four days of feeling unfocused and weak, and six days of feeling not quite myself, but pretty good.  On this break I got to add to that seven days of feeling like the old me.  I still needed more sleep so I went to bed early and slept way in on the weekend, but overall I was back.


I remember telling everyone how good I felt when I was pregnant with twins.  I wasn't lying, I really "thought" I felt well.  That was until after they were born and I was in the hospital on pain meds.  I thought I was in Heaven because I didn't remember what feeling well felt like!  I wonder if that is happening again?

The picture to the right was at seven months.  I still had two months to go!  I only made it one more.  Abby and Grace were born a month early --- 11 short years ago.  I don't have a picture at eight months except my bare belly shot.  I love my blog readers, but we aren't close enough for that.  LOL

I had the best Easter of my life last weekend.  It was a beautiful day and I felt great.  The family gathered at church for an awesome service and Nikki's baptism. During the service there was a call to obey God's direction and if you had accepted Jesus as your Savior, be baptized.  Abby and Grace both told me they wanted to go forward! Volunteers were waiting in the back with bags of clothes for them to change in to.  Jeff was able to baptize them and I'm not sure who was smiling bigger, the girls or Jeff.  Nah, I know, it was Jeff.  We already had a family celebration planned at our house.  We just added two more guests of honor.
 

Today I start a new chemo drug.  I'll be on a three week regimen so this round of four treatments will take me longer, but hopefully it will be easier.  We'll see.  Afterwards I'm headed on a family vacation to celebrate finishing chemo.  Dr. Browning asks me each time I see him how the vacation plans are going.  He suggested we do this before we even started chemo.  He said, "Mental health is just as important as physical when your fighting cancer and chemo.  Planning a vacation gives you something to look forward to.  You need to take time for yourself ."  Hey, I just realized the doctor prescribed a vacation!  I wonder if Blue Cross will cover that!!  I maxed out my annual out of pocket expenses this year on January 4th so it should be FREE!!!

Well, I have a long list of things I wanted to remember to blog about and I covered only a couple.  Time to go though.  Nikki will be here in ten minutes.  Check back for more later!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog