SHORTNESS OF BREATH THIS WEEKEND

Well, I was told this second round of chemo (treatments 5-8) could be easier than the first, and overall it has been when it comes to nausea and fatigue.  I had an episode yesterday that has the jury still out though.

This time I had to take steroids  the day before, of, and after.  The purpose of the steroid is to lesson the possibility of an allergic reaction to the chemo medicine.  I don't know for sure, but I think I had more of a reaction to the steroid than the chemo drug this weekend!

Friday through Saturday I had times where my face would get really red, dry, and hot.  It was like my face was dehydrated and sunburned.  I kept putting lotion on my face, blistex on my lips, saline up my nose, and artificial tears in my eyes. Then I would lay under the ceiling fan!!  The problem with that is that the air would just dry up my lips, nose, and eyes again.  Geeze!  I don't know if this was the chemo drug or the steroid side effect.

I also started to experience shortness of breath walking from one room to the other.  Everything I read tells me this was from the steroid, but the doc hasn't confirmed it.  I dealt with it fine until Sunday when I decided to go to church.  Even though I sat most of the time, it caught up to me.  Jeff had to take me out to the car during the service to lay down. My breath was so short and my chest was hurting. I couldn't get out a full sentence and probably should have gone to the emergency room.  This lasted for about 30 minutes.

I talked to the nurse about it today and I'll get to discuss it with the doctor before I have to take anything again. I'm not sure what he will do.  I bet he tells me to take it anyway and to keep my butt planted at home like I should have in the first place.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog