MY CHEMO VACATION

I am really enjoying this extended break (three weeks vs. two) between treatments.  It's only one extra week but I would always spend so much of my good time dreading the upcoming visit again and I've been able to not think about it so much.

Timing is working out great.  On my old schedule I would have spent Easter in bed.  Now it will be over two weeks after the last treatment.  My sister Nikki is getting baptized on Easter and I plan to be the loudest one in the crowd cheering her on. This will be a day I prayed for for a long time.

Last weekend was beautiful.  Jeff and I went motorcycle riding, hung out on the patio listening to the kids play in the yard, and went to see Hunger Games.  While we were riding we checked out some yard barns in Lowes parking lot.  I was hot and just pulled my do-rag right off my head.  The breeze felt great and I was far enough away to not see anyone's face who might have noticed.  I'm getting so much more gutsy about this than I thought I would.

Yesterday I attended a "Look Good - Feel Better" program at the oncology center.  There were a total of eight ladies there for the program and we had a team of five volunteers dedicated to making us feel good.  I was happy to learn exactly how to size and draw my eyebrows when / if I loose them and get the free products to do so.  I left with a bag of new expensive make-up, a hat, and a brand new wig, all donations.  

My new wig is my natural hair color but much much longer and with a lot of body.  It is definitely one to have fun with.   he he

Comments

Popular posts from this blog