WAITING FOR THE OTHER SHOE TO FALL

Today I started my fourth week of radiation and still no skin side effects. I'm trying to let myself enjoy it without thinking about how bad "it's going to get". I'm just feeling so much better since chemo it's hard for me to accept it. Last week the doctor offered some encouragement when he said, "If you haven't had any discomfort yet, it probably won't be bad". Whew. I might catch a break!

My hair is still growing but much slower than I want it to. I've been taking biotin (B7 vitamin) to stimulate hair and nail growth. I don't know what it would look like without it, but I don't want to stop to find out. I really just want it to grow-grow-grow!

I stopped wearing hats every day because I noticed my hair breaking where my bangs would be. It didn't seem like people were looking at me as much so I asked Grace if she noticed it as well and she had. I feel much more confident with my hat on so this was a surprise to me. Maybe out of the corner of their eyes I just look like someone with a bad haircut, but with the scarf and hat I look like a cancer patient. Who knows. It's growing back uneven so I'm going to have to shape it up in the next few weeks or so.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog