LEARNING A LESSON

I finished my second week of radiation yesterday. Aside from my normal fatigue (normal for the last 5 months) I haven't had any side effects.  The neuropathy still bothers me but I don't think it is as often (knock on wood).

A book I can borrow from my sister Angie.  :-)
Work has been crazy. First just because it always is, and second because I've allowed myself back in the circus.  Contrary to the compliments I have received saying how surprised they have been that I have continued to stay engaged at work, I really didn't.  I skimmed the surface, just oiling the squeakiest wheel and putting out fires (my opinion of course).  My projects were in a holding pattern and now I'm feeling the effects.  People want results now and I am months behind on all the "behind the scenes work" it takes to start showing it.  I'm told it is OK by management closest to me, but I can't make myself not care no matter how hard I try.  Chemo helped me do this, but without it I have to learn to do it on my own.  I think this is one of the lessons I was supposed to learn through this.  Maybe it isn't too late.  Learning something new takes practice, right?  Well maybe this is my first exercise.  I didn't do so well this week, but this is one I will have plenty chances to improve.  If there is one thing Vantiv (my employer) has an abundance of, it's work, and personal obligations are not going away either.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog