PARTY PARTY PARTY!

The past two weeks have been one celebration after the other and that is how I intend to live my life now, CELEBRATING it.



Party at the Fox and Hound!

My last radiation treatment was on a Wednesday and by the following Monday I was back at work in Cincinnati. I had a great time celebrating with them.  We had a party after work at the Fox and Hound complete with cake, balloons and wine. Ahhhh.  The pink balloons hovered below the lights and turned the area and our pictures PINK.

Party in the Gym!

While in Cinci I headed to the hotel gym.  I missed having energy to make it through the day so having enough to exercise was out of the question for me.  I read a lot about how you could reduce the side effects  of treatment by keeping up on exercise but I did little more than walk the dog around the block for the past nine months.  I got in 30 minutes and loved it.  I was BACK BABY!  After returning home I rejoined the gym.  It's hard to see how little I can do when I'm there but I have to start somewhere and I'm hoping I can make progress quickly.


Party with old friends!

Labor Day was spent with dear friends. We've been through so much together and this day was a breath of fresh air.  Pictures around the house of good times we have shared, college graduation, vacations, and more, were like a big hug welcoming me back.  It felt just like any other time we spend with the Knights, like no time had passed at all.  You would think that is what I would want with this cancer thing, just pick up where I left off ten months ago, but I don't.  That would mean I went through this for nothing.  I'm glad it happened now because of all that I learned and the person it molded me into.  Did I really just write that, "I'm glad it happened!"  WOW.  Well, I'm even happier it is over!


Party at Church!

Yeah, you read that right.  For those of you who have experienced my church, you might agree.  If you haven't and you want to, come give it a try!


The week after I was diagnosed I stepped away from my serving position at church.  I've really wanted to be involved again and last weekend I was able to.  I had a training session this morning and will be on the schedule soon.


Party on the Scale!


I haven't blogged about it yet because I didn't want to jinx myself, but I also started working on my weight.  I've done pretty good so far and am officially back to my pre-diagnosed weight.  There's still plenty more to go because I was in need of a diet beforehand, but I'm feeling pretty good about my progress.  As I type this  I am eating some chips.  Doh!  Ok, well, I said I could do it.  I didn't say it would be easy or fast. Amy, drop it and step away from the chips!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog