LEARNING A LESSON

I finished my second week of radiation yesterday. Aside from my normal fatigue (normal for the last 5 months) I haven't had any side effects.  The neuropathy still bothers me but I don't think it is as often (knock on wood).

A book I can borrow from my sister Angie.  :-)
Work has been crazy. First just because it always is, and second because I've allowed myself back in the circus.  Contrary to the compliments I have received saying how surprised they have been that I have continued to stay engaged at work, I really didn't.  I skimmed the surface, just oiling the squeakiest wheel and putting out fires (my opinion of course).  My projects were in a holding pattern and now I'm feeling the effects.  People want results now and I am months behind on all the "behind the scenes work" it takes to start showing it.  I'm told it is OK by management closest to me, but I can't make myself not care no matter how hard I try.  Chemo helped me do this, but without it I have to learn to do it on my own.  I think this is one of the lessons I was supposed to learn through this.  Maybe it isn't too late.  Learning something new takes practice, right?  Well maybe this is my first exercise.  I didn't do so well this week, but this is one I will have plenty chances to improve.  If there is one thing Vantiv (my employer) has an abundance of, it's work, and personal obligations are not going away either.



Comments